Friday, February 11, 2011

The wedding of all weddings

 


I don't know about you but I am over the top, crazy excited about the up coming nuptials of two of my most favorite faux friends Prince William and Kate Middleton! I am obsessed and will definitely be "attending" the wedding this April.

I remember trying to stay up with my mom to watch Princess Diana and Prince Charles get married in 1981. My mom was so into it that her excitement filled the room and pervaded me. Of course I fell asleep, periodically waking up to catch glimpses of it but the one thing I do remember in full detail is that dress. That legendary, perfectly awesome 80's dress with a mile long train!



So funny that now, all these years later, here I am with the next generation of royals, waiting and anticipating the grandeur that is sure to be. A sort of full circle moment.

I just love the royals, the entire spectacle of it. The pomp, the circumstance and most importantly... the hats! I mean come on, who doesn't love a ridiculous hat with a fabulous outfit? I'd die to attend events wearing some of the hats that Kate wears. So posh, so avant-garde, so... only appropriate for royals to do. Anyone else and you just end up looking like you got a dead bird sitting on your head.



No comments:

Post a Comment