Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dreaming of Summer

Dreaming of Summer


I'm over Spring. Over it. It's raining, there are still no leaves on the trees and I've finally realized that Spring is never coming. So I've moved on to Dreaming of Summer. Here's a style inspiration board I put together for myself. I made it on Polyvore which is an amazing website where you can put together the coolest fashion boards. Best of all the photos are linked directly to the website where you can purchase the items, making it easy for you and your readers to find your inspirations!

I did a very basic board my first time around but there are all sorts of backgrounds and templates to choose from that enable you to make your boards look like they're straight from a fashion magazine. So fun you gotta try it!

I used to rock a dress just like the striped turquoise/white one except it was awesomely 80's styled. Wish I could find a picture of it to upload. I think I rocked it with white pumps and giant 80's permed hair. Ha! My favorite combo is the orange dress with the clutch- so cute and affordable! The dress is from TopShop (one of my favorite stores!) and is only $40!

Along with coordinating heels I also selected a pair of flat sandals for each outfit. Everyone knows I love the super high heels but I always make sure I have a pair of flat shoes in my bag in the off chance that I need them. I always say that I could run a mile in my heels and I really think that I could but it's always nice to have a coordinating and comfy pair of shoes if need be. My favorite flat sandals on this board are the nude ones. They go with anything and they have little skulls on the top of the them!

Dreaming of Summer by janyclaire 
Bustier dress
70 GBP - warehouse.co.uk

Silk dress
$368 - aliceandolivia.com

Forever21 strappy wedge
$26 - forever21.com

Carvela stiletto high heels
$233 - asos.com

Alexander McQueen leather high heels
420 EUR - montaignemarket.com

Espadrilles wedge
$27 - tillys.com

Gucci platform high heels
$995 - bergdorfgoodman.com

TopShop toe loop sandal
$75 - topshop.com

Burberry leather tote
$1,395 - burberry.com

Turquoise handbag
$40 - mimiboutique.com

Linea pelle handbag
$165 - lpcollection.com

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Don't know if I ever let you know, but I linked to your egg tutorial on my blog this week... http://orangiesattic.blogspot.com/2011/04/eggstravaganza-and-attack-of-peepateers.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the yellow bustier dress! So summery and stylish.

    ReplyDelete