Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hi. My name is Jany.

Just thought I'd re-introduce myself since it's been a very, very long time since I last posted. Life is super busy for me nowadays. Cameron turned one two months ago so that has a lot to do with it. He's not walking yet but he sure is busy. He's all over the place exploring, opening, gnawing, slobbering, pointing and pounding on everything. He loves to point at things and say "What's this?" That's basically what we do all day, he points and I tell him what it is. I love to see him learning and understanding and love that he is so inquisitive.

Just as I had expected this blog has morphed into a full on Mommy blog. I tried to avoid it but it's just not possible when all I do all day everyday is baby related!  Oh well, such is life. I AM a mom, that's me... now.


Having a busy one year old isn't really the only reason I haven't been posting. Other than an utter lack of inspiration to put "pen to paper" or more appropriately fingers to key pad, I think my blogging woes are also partly because I make it more complicated than it needs to be. I'm always trying to craft these "complete" tutorial type posts so there's photos to be taken and steps to plot out and all the other little things... suddenly it's taken up Cameron's entire nap and I haven't even done the laundry, dishes, cleaned the house etc.

All that just kind of sucks the fun outta blogging. So I stopped for awhile but now I'm back (for now) because I've missed it and I've stored up a good amount of inspiration to do it again.

So here's what I've been up to craft wise the last few months, sans intense tutorial photos and step by step instructions. Sorry.

For his first birthday I took these photos at the park with the help of my mother-in-law. I got the idea from Pinterest which is my favorite site nowadays. Love it! I don't even have to try and be creative anymore because there are sooooo many good ideas on there! It's been a big hit with family and friends and it's super, super easy to do. I got the letters from Joann's Fabric, they were already painted white so I had to do nothing to them.



I had a few ideas for costumes for Cameron for Halloween because I just wasn't sure what he would wear and what he wouldn't. I honestly didn't think he'd be down with any of it but he surprised me and put up with all that I put him through.

He first started as a cuddly bear....


but then I decided to make him into something way cooler....


An EWOK! So simple people. Don't buy an expensive ewok costume. Buy a much cheaper bear costume (I got mine from Walmart for $17), a small brown t-shirt and then just forge around the house and backyard and put together the spear.

Cut the neck out of the tee then two little holes for the ears and drape away. The spear I made out of a yellow plastic stick we had laying around, wrapped that in brown paper bag, cut the spear out of cardboard and glued some rope I had around the spear/stick.

Just two of the crafty things I've been up to. I've got a ton more but that's all you're getting outta me for now! Hope to post more soon....






2 comments:

  1. Yay you're back! I'm glad to see you and what an adorable little ewok you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by from OH bloggymoms. Your son is so cute and happy birthday to him! Both my sons didn't walk until they were about 14 months old so I know what you are feeling. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete